Learn the Python skills and culture you need to become a productive member of any Python project.
About This Book
• Taking a practical approach to studying Python
• A clear appreciation of the sequence-oriented parts of Python
• Emphasis on the way in which Python code is structured
• Learn how to produce bug-free code by using testing tools
Who This Book Is For
The Python Apprentice is for anyone who wants to start building, creating and contributing towards a Python project. No previous knowledge of Python is required, although at least some familiarity with programming in another language is helpful.
What You Will Learn
• Learn the language of Python itself
• Get a start on the Python standard library
• Learn how to integrate 3rd party libraries
• Develop libraries on your own
• Become familiar with the basics of Python testing
Experienced programmers want to know how to enhance their craft and we want to help them start as apprentices with Python. We know that before mastering Python you need to learn the culture and the tools to become a productive member of any Python project. Our goal with this book is to give you a practical and thorough introduction to Python programming, providing you with the insight and technical craftsmanship you need to be a productive member of any Python project. Python is a big language, and it’s not our intention with this book to cover everything there is to know. We just want to make sure that you, as the developer, know the tools, basic idioms and of course the ins and outs of the language, the standard library and other modules to be able to jump into most projects.
Style and approach
We introduce topics gently and then revisit them on multiple occasions to add the depth required to support your progression as a Python developer. We’ve worked hard to structure the syllabus to avoid forward references. On only a few occasions do we require you to accept techniques on trust, before explaining them later; where we do, it’s to deliberately establish good habits.