JBoss Seam: Simplicity and Power Beyond Java EE
This is the eBook version of the printed book.
A new edition of this title is available, ISBN-10: 0137129394 ISBN-13: 9780137129393
Discover JBoss Seam: the Unified Framework for Simpler, More Powerful Web Development
JBoss Seam integrates EJB 3.0 and JSF components under a unified framework that simplifies and accelerates Java EE web development. Now, JBoss Seam’s project leader and technology evangelist take you inside this powerful new technology, showing exactly how to put it to work.
Michael Yuan and Thomas Heute show how JBoss Seam enables you to create web applications that would have been difficult or impossible with previous Java frameworks. Through hands-on examples and a complete case study application, you’ll learn how to leverage JBoss Seam’s breakthrough state management capabilities; integrate business processes and rules; use AJAX with Seam; and deploy your application into production, one step at a time. Coverage includes
How JBoss Seam builds on—and goes beyond—the Java EE platform
• Using the “Stateful Framework”: conversations, workspaces, concurrent conversations, and transactions
• Integrating the web and data components: validation, clickable data tables, and bookmarkable web pages
• Managing business processes, defining stateful pageflows, and implementing rule-based security
• Testing and optimizing JBoss Seam applications
• Deploying in diverse environments: with Tomcat, with production databases, in clusters, without EJB 3, and more
* Download source code for this book’s case study application at http://michaelyuan.com/seam/.