Invent your own Python scripts to automate your infrastructure
About This Book
• Make the most of Python libraries and modules to automate your infrastructure
• Leverage Python programming to automate server configurations and administration tasks
• Efficiently develop your Python skill set
Who This Book Is For
Hands-On Enterprise Automation with Python is for system administrators and DevOps engineers who are looking for an alternative to major automation frameworks such as Puppet and Chef. Basic programming knowledge with Python and Linux shell scripting is necessary.
What You Will Learn
• Understand common automation modules used in Python
• Develop Python scripts to manage network devices
• Automate common Linux administration tasks with Ansible and Fabric
• Managing Linux processes
• Administrate VMware, OpenStack, and AWS instances with Python
• Security automation and sharing code on GitHub
Hands-On Enterprise Automation with Python starts by covering the set up of a Python environment to perform automation tasks, as well as the modules, libraries, and tools you will be using.
We’ll explore examples of network automation tasks using simple Python programs and Ansible. Next, we will walk you through automating administration tasks with Python Fabric, where you will learn to perform server configuration and administration, along with system administration tasks such as user management, database management, and process management. As you progress through this book, you’ll automate several testing services with Python scripts and perform automation tasks on virtual machines and cloud infrastructure with Python. In the concluding chapters, you will cover Python-based offensive security tools and learn how to automate your security tasks.
By the end of this book, you will have mastered the skills of automating several system administration tasks with Python.
Style and approach
This book will follow a practical approach to help you script and automate tasks using Python.Download Now Read Online